This dish is healthy and easy and so full of flavor. It provides lean protein and lots of crucial vitamins and nutrients. For ease of preparation, I used microwaveable packages of the quinoa/rice blend. Those packages are wonderful time-savers! However, you can use any type of rice or grain that you choose in this dish, instant or regular.
Shrimp and Broccoli Curry with Quinoa and Brown Rice
- 1 and 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 (8.5 ounce) packages microwaveable brown rice and quinoa blend
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces frozen shrimp (raw, deveined, tail-off, no need to thaw)
- 2 teaspoons curry spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Lightly steam broccoli florets by placing in a bowl with 2 tablespoons water and microwave loosely covered for approximately 2 minutes on high. Set aside.
- Cook brown rice and quinoa blend according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the curry spice and salt to the skillet and continue to cook until the shrimp is almost done.
- Add the rice/quinoa blend, broccoli, and coconut milk to the skillet. Heat while stirring for 3-4 minutes until the mixture is hot and the shrimp is completely cooked.
Many thanks to Wanda Ann for her hospitality today! I hope you enjoyed this recipe and I look forward to coming back again next month!
Here's a couple more recipes from Dizzy Busy and Hungry